Revised June 15, 2018
Wuju Learning Inc. ("us", "we", "our", “I”, or “my”) operates RejectionTherapy.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies about the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive when you use our Site and/or any of our Services.
Our Services include the Rejection Therapy® card game, blog, mailing list, speaking engagement and training. Rejection Therapy® is a registered trademark of Wuju Learning Inc. Our Site also has information about the Rejection Proof book and the Rejection Therapy mobile app, neither of which are owned by Wuju Learning Inc.
The Rejection Proof book is published by Penguin Random House and and the mobile app is owned, developed, and published by our sister company, Rejection Therapy Inc. Wuju Learning Inc. is carrying out the app-testing and marketing for Rejection Therapy Inc.
We take your privacy seriously and will take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information secure. By using the Site and/or the Services, you agree to abide by this policy.
I. Information We Collect
a) Information You Provide to Us
While anyone can use our Site without giving us their Personal Information, we may ask you to provide some details, so we can better serve you. Some data we collect include:
- Email address: to sign up for our mailing lists, fill out our contact form, to purchase Rejection Therapy card game through PayPal and other third party payment systems
- Phone number: to test our app using SMS
- Location: to invite app testers for regional testing rounds
- Billing and shipping details: for purchasing the card game and book
B) Information We Collect Automatically
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
C) Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Cookies used by Google Analytics and TED:
- _gid – used to distinguish users (valid up to 24 hours)
- _ga – used to distinguish users (valid up to 2 years)
- _gat – used to to throttle request rate (valid up to 1 minute)
Cookies used by Squarespace:
- crumb - Prevents cross-site request forgery (CSRF). CSRF is an attack vector that tricks a browser into taking unwanted action in an application when someone’s logged in. (valid for the duration of your session)
- ss_cid - identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site (valid for 2 years)
- ss_cvr - identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site (valid for 2 years)
- ss_cvisit - identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site (valid for 30 minutes)
- ss_cvt - identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site (valid for 30 minutes)
- ss_cpvisit - identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site (valid for 2 years)
D) Information Other Websites Collect from You
We also participate in affiliate programs such as Amazon Associates, which provides us with a small payment when you make a purchase by clicking on our referral links.
II. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through our Site and Services for the following reasons:
- Providing you with content and updates on overcoming your fear of rejection
- Providing you with order confirmations, receipts, and other messages relating to the products we sell on our Site
- Providing you with information, enrollment testing and usage of the Rejection Therapy app
- Understanding our Site traffic better to make informed business decisions
- Personalization of content, business information or user experience
- Account set up and administration
- Delivering marketing and events communication
- Carrying out polls and surveys
- Internal research and development purposes
- Providing goods and Services
- Legal obligations (eg. prevention of fraud)
- Meeting internal audit requirements
III. Legal Basis for Processing Data
We process your Personal Information on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: When you opt-in to our mailing list and app testers list, you give us permission to provide you with relevant updates and marketing materials
- Legitimate interests: In order to provide you with our Services, we need to process certain Personal Information, including payment, shipping, contact, and support.
IV. Disclosure of Information
V. Your Rights and Choices
You have the following rights and choices regarding your Personal Information:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your data.
- To opt-out of our mailing lists at any time
- To request data portability, restricted processing, and/or objection to processing of your Personal Information
- To complain to a data protection authority
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We’ll respond within a week.
VI. International Data Transfer
We operate in the United States, so your data may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take proper steps to ensure your data is stored securely using GDPR compliant providers, including MailChimp, Google, PayPal, Stripe, and Squarespace, all of which are based in the United States but also process international data.
VII. Data Security and Retention
We use various third-party services to keep your Personal Information secure. These third-party services include MailChimp (for email marketing), SimpleTexting (for app testing), Google (for conducting user surveys and storing relevant information), PayPal and Stripe (for payment processing), and Squarespace (for Site hosting).
We only share the login information for the third-party accounts with select team members who need access to perform essential business functions.
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods vary depending on the type of Personal Information involved.
IX. Contact Us